SAFETY AND HYGIENE MEASURES
We will rigorously apply the following recommended safety measures for workers and children in elementary school and child care settings in the context of COVID-19
- Students and staff will be expected to limit the transportation of items between the center and their home. Each student will be expected to bring their own pencils and eraser. In addition, students who have to work with a computer will have to bring it and disinfect it before and after each session.
- The use of visual cues will ensure that the physical distance standard of 2 meters is respected when moving around.
- Hydroalcoholic solutions and soap will be available to students and staff for hand washing upon arrival and departure from the center.
- Tissue paper will be available for students and staff to follow the principles of respiratory etiquette.
- Tables, desks, and computer equipment will be cleaned after each meeting.
- Outdoor tables will be used when weather permits. They will also be cleaned after each session.
- Bathrooms and surfaces that are touched regularly (doorknobs, light switches, microwaves, faucets, etc.) will be cleaned with the usual cleaning products several times a day.
- Only plastic-coated educational materials may be shared and will be cleaned between each use.
- Additional personal protective equipment will be provided to staff members to account for the inability to maintain the physical distance of 2 metres at all times between staff and students. Each remedial teacher and tutor will wear a protective visor. In addition, we strongly recommend that students wear a protective mask. Children’s masks from a local artist will be available for $8 at our center. The correct amount must be given in cash in a Ziploc. It will also be possible to order these masks on this website: https://www.etsy.com/ca-fr/shop/BebeLimonadeAtelier . We recommend them to you because we find them well made and really inexpensive, but you are of course invited to encourage any other artisan in the area. We try to buy locally!
THE FOLLOWING PERSONS WILL BE FORBIDDEN TO COME TO OUR CENTER :
- People with symptoms compatible with COVID-19, such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or loss of sense of smell without nasal congestion.
- People who have been instructed to isolate themselves by their regional public health department.
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with VIDOC-19 infection.
- Persons who have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Individuals who have returned from travel until their isolation period is complete.
- In addition, it is recommended that students and staff who have a condition that puts them at greater risk of serious complications from COVID-19 not attend the center.
These measures have been taken in response to the recommendations issued by the Government of Quebec and the Director of the Public Health Agency on September 20, 2020. If the situation changes, we will keep you promptly informed.