This personal service is intended for children and adolescents who are struggling with issues related to:
- Anxiety, stress
- attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity
- motivation at school
- to support the development of parenting skills
The education psychology service is also available for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or intellectual disabilities.
Role of an Educational Psychologist
An Educational Psychologist works with several clienteles. Whether it is with children, adolescents or even adults with adjustment difficulties, the professional evaluates various problems related to behavior in different spheres of daily life and is able to propose personalized solutions and strategies to cope with these issues.
Educational psychologists can:
- Evaluate the psychosocial adaptation and adaptive capacities of the person or group she accompanies through participatory and systematic observation, using certain questionnaires and sometimes standardized tests appropriate to the situation;
- Establish a program, propose an intervention plan and see to its implementation;
- Evaluate the results and effectiveness of the intervention.